상단 본문

Golden Opportunity _ Agatha Christie

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Sobczak
댓글 0건 조회 197회 작성일 23-02-17 12:29

본문

Yes, that's what the family calls her. Oh, as I said, Roland has always loved her, and she loves him. Then came the revolution, and Alexa was in Paris. Just as they were arranging the wedding, Old Stegham, the prime minister, came forward to insist that Alexa be taken away and forced to marry her cousin Prince Carl, a pimpled, forbidding fellow. "I think I've seen him." George said. She hates this man. The old prince Usirik, her uncle, forbade her to see Roland again. So she fled back to England. I met her in town and we sent a telegram to Roland in Scotland. At the last moment, when we took a taxi to the registration office, we met the taxi of the old Prince Usirik head-on. Of course, he'll follow us, and there's nothing we can do about it, because he's going to do it. And, in any case,drum spill pallet, he is the guardian. Then I came up with the brilliant idea of reversing the roles. Girls these days, you can hardly see anything except the tip of her nose. I put on Alexa's red hat and her brown coat, and she put on my gray dress. Then we took a taxi to Waterloo station. I jumped off the train there and rushed into the station. Old Usirik followed the red hat, never thinking that there was another person hiding in the taxi, of course, he could not see my face. So I ran into your car like an arrow and asked for your help. "I understand all that." George said, "But what I don't understand is what happened next." I know. That's what I have to apologize for. I hope you don't lose your temper. You know, you seemed so enthusiastic,plastic pallet bins, like it was a real mystery, just like in the book. So, I can't resist the temptation. I picked out a mean looking man from the platform and asked you to follow him. Then I threw the package to you. "Inside is a wedding ring." "Yes.". Alexa and I bought it. Because Roland couldn't come from Scotland until just before the wedding. Of course, I knew that by the time I got to London, they wouldn't be needing this anymore. They might be using stage bells or something. 。” "I see." George said, "That's the way things are in the world. You know, it's that simple." ! Let me see, Elizabeth. He took off the glove on her left hand and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that her ring finger was empty. "Well," he remarked, "the ring won't go to waste anyway." "Oh!" Cried Elizabeth. 'But I don't know anything about you.' 'You Know I'm a good person, 'said George.' By the way, I've just thought that you are, of course, ibc spill containment pallet ,plastic pallet crates, Mrs Elizabeth Gay. 。” T, xt, small, say, day, don wwW. xiaoshuotxt=com Jane is looking for a job Jane Cleveland rustles through the pages of the Daily Herald. Then he sighed. This sigh comes from the deepest part of the heart. She looked with disgust at the marble-topped table, the toast and poached eggs lying on it, and the small pot of tea. It's not that she's not hungry. The truth is quite the opposite. Jane is very hungry. At that moment, she thought she could eat a pound and a half of well-cooked steak, with fried beans, and maybe some green beans. Then, instead of drinking tea, he tasted the wine and ate all the food. However, for young women in financial distress, they have no choice. Jane was lucky to get a poached egg and a pot of tea. It seems that she won't be able to do that tomorrow. Unless & # 8212; & # 8212; She looked again at the advertisement in the Daily News. To be honest, Jane just lost a job. The situation is becoming more and more serious. The landlord of the shabby apartment, a gentle lady, was already looking askance at this particular woman. "But," Jane said to herself, raising her chin in the customary angry way. " But I'm smart, I'm beautiful, and I'm well educated.
What more could employers want? According to the Daily Herald, they seem to want experienced stenographers, store managers with a small amount of money, women who raise poultry (a small amount of money is still required here), and countless cooks, maids, parlour maids, and especially parlour maids. 。“ I don't mind being a parlour maid. She said to herself, "But no one would want me without experience.". I dare say I could be a'volunteer woman 'somewhere, but they wouldn't have anything worth paying to the young ones. Volunteer woman. She sighed again and propped the newspaper up in front of her. Then, exuding her healthy youthfulness, Jane devoured the poached egg. When she had taken her last sip, Jane turned over the newspaper and studied the "Private Affairs Advertisement" section, drinking tea. This column is her last hope. If she had a few thousand pounds, it would be easier. There are at least seven rare opportunities to earn at least three thousand pounds a year each. 。 Jane lifted her lips. "If I had two thousand pounds," she murmured, "it wouldn't be easy to part me from it." She cast her eyes to the bottom of the column, and then glanced up with the ease she had long cultivated. There was a lady who always paid a high price for old clothes. "Ladies' clothes can be bought at home.". There are gentlemen who buy everything, but mostly dentures. 。 Other gentlewomen, when they were about to go abroad, would get rid of their fur coats at absurd prices. In addition, there are mournful priests, diligent widows,secondary containment pallet, and disabled officers, all of whom may give figures ranging from fifty to two thousand. Suddenly, Jane stopped. She put down her teacup and read the advertisement again. binpallet.com

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.